7.2.12

Egg free, milk free, nut free Crocodile chocolate Birthday cake. Vegan.

First off your going to make the cake, I made a chocolate cake in a square tin.

Chocolate Cake.
2 tbs of dairy free margarine, I use Nuttelex
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup S.R flour
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup cocoa, (check as some brands may have milk)
2 tbs of golden syrup

Pre heat oven to 180ยบ
mix all dry ingredients
add water and margarine
add soy milk, golden syrup and mix well
cook for around 45min
allow to cool on cake tray

Butter cream icing.
1 cup of pure icing sugar
1/4 cup of nuttelex
natural green food colouring

Mix well. Add more or less sugar or margarine until you a happy with the thickness add a few drops of green food colouring until you get the green you are after. 
Ice the cake.

Top of cake.
I used a toy crocodile because its what I had around the house but you could also do this with small farm animals.
Green liquorice.
shredded coconut
sweet william makes a dairy free, egg free and nut free chocolate. I used the mini snack size for the sides.
2tsp icing sugar to mix with coconut

Mix coconut with  food colouring (because i used a natural food colouring I found it gave a horrible taste to the coconut, I just mixed in some icing sugar to mask the bitterness until I was happy with the flavour)
sprinkle on cake and edges of plate
I then grated the chocolate to make a dam
cut the liquorice to make the reeds
for the log, use a grater to shape it
I then stuck the chocolate blocks on the sides. I had planed on having them all the way around the edges to make a fence, but we ran out. 

1 comment:

  1. YOU MADE THIS?!!!! Oh wow, mama! You are amazing! This is the coolest cake ever!

    ReplyDelete