28.1.14

4 Years Old

As the clock reached 7.39 I stroked his hair. I watched him sleep as he lay in an almost outgrown toddler bed.

4 years have passed. 4 years have passed. 4 years have passed.  

The days are long, but the years are short.

Some days are long, some are short.


Bumble Bear,

I love you so much I feel like my heart will explode, just when I think I can't love you anymore I do. You are perfect to me even with your faults.
I tell you how you were always the boy I was meant to have, I tell you stories of how if there were lines and lines of boys you would always have been the one I chose. Part of me wishes I could keep you like this forever, but I know the more you grow the more I love you, our bond only gets stronger. Nothing compares to watching you grow and learn.


People tell you many things about what it's like to have children, they don't tell you watching your child swim 2 meters for the first time will make you cry. True story.

Today we went to a water park for your birthday, you were scared and told me "this place is a nightmare" then you tried to knock me out of a tube telling me to "sink like a stone"

Happy birthday Bear. 4 years have past and I love you more than ever,

Mama xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment