9.1.13

Doing it your way.

Humans are fragile, sometimes we need to be reminded of that.

I'm not sure about you, but I tend to get caught up in the daily grind of life, all to often I'm tired and if I'm not tired I'm busy, I miss the small things and most of the time it's the small things that turn out to be the special moments.

Since Harper came home from hospital he's sleep in our bed. There we are a family of four tucked into our king sized bed, it's not uncomfortable, or annoying to be honest right now its perfect. I know maybe it's not a great idea to start co sleeping with an almost 3 year old — that maybe I'll create a bad habit. But you know what, I simply don't care. He is growing up so quickly, I'll never get this time back.

Being a mother has taught me oh so many lessons, sometimes the important lessons take time to learn — for me one of the biggest lessons was to learn to listen to my instants and do what feels right for our family. A lesson I still struggle with, and not because of peer pressure but because I want to get this right. Being a perfect parent is indeed impossible, whats important is to keep trying.



2 comments:

  1. Co-sleeping is magical. I transitioned my son out of our bed around 20 months and then brought him right back in the next week. Bad mom moment probably in the long-run, but I really do love having him close! You're right that they're only little once, so if it works for everyone (even just for a little while), savor these moments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just now learning and accepting this and it is so freeing...I have second guessed everything I have done with Ellie up to this point for a million reasons (my friends judged me, google said not to do it, I worried if it was the right decision for her)...I am not understanding that as a momma, you need to do what feels right for your family, and what works best for your family. Who cares what google says, or your friends and other moms say, or anything else!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete