23.7.12

Going organic


After months of should we, shouldn't we, Can we afford to, we've made the decision to change to organic. The final deciding factor being we are going to try baby-led weaning with Charlie.
Over the last couple of months I've stared buying organic caned goods where possible. And this week I shopped for all fruit and vegetables at an organic health food shop. Yes, it was more expensive, yes it tastes better. And the biggest yes for me is no longer having to worry about filling our bodies with nasty pesticides. Yuck.
Because of Harper's allergies we make meals from scratch, we don't eat many processed foods. I've shared recipes on here in the past, and intend to share more. Also if time is kind, I'd love to document our baby-led weaning adventure, I'm not sure yet if it will be via You Tube videos, or posts, maybe both.
If you have had any experience with baby led weaning I'd love to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Good on you for making the decision. I like to buy organic where I can - some things I always do and some I don't. There are some great lists out there that show which fruit and veg you should definitely buy organic and the ones you don't - eg. apples are a must but bananas aren't so bad if you buy conventional ones. Helps to lower the cost that way. xx

    ReplyDelete